Brrr! It’s cold outside! Check out my ultimate winter essentials list.

We might have had a mild start to September, but over the course of this past week I am under no illusions – winter is well and truly on it’s way.

I can’t pinpoint exactly when I suddenly felt the change in season, but all of a sudden it seems to me like the air smells colder. It’s more dewy and I can catch the sent of smoke as people light their fires and prepare for a winter snuggled up.

It was just the other day that the thought occurred to me that I need to get my butt in gear and start stocking up on some winter essentials!

For me, the ultimate must-haves for the frosty season are those investment pieces that you will literally be wearing everyday for the next number of months (at least if you’re living in Ireland that is)

That means a strong pair of winter boots, a good warm coat,  a season-appropriate handbag and last but not least, a lovely cosy wrap scarf.

I’ve put together some high-street options of the coats, boots and bags I’m loving right now so check them out below!

16 Comments

1. Heather Lisa Noire
    September 28, 2015 / 6:56 am

Great post! It is the chill in the air while being fashionably forward 🙂

2. September 28, 2015 / 9:49 pm

I am obsessed with the Dune gold detail block heel I need them in my life!!! I love all of your winter essentials x

3. September 29, 2015 / 2:02 pm

Gorgeous on-style picks! Really liking those Dune gold detail heels as well. I know we don’t get much snow, but is it easy to walk in snow in heels? Anyone? x

• wildechic
      September 29, 2015 / 2:08 pm

In those boots Zoe you get someone to carry you through the snow!

4. September 29, 2015 / 3:05 pm

It really HAS got cooler lately. Another few weeks and winter will be here in full force. I really like the River Island Belted Faux Fur Coat and the grey over the knee boots. LOVE River Island clothes and boots! And also there bags. I just love river island full stop haha. Great post! xx

5. September 29, 2015 / 5:59 pm

That pink coat is lovely. My favorite part of accepting defeat and getting the winter coat out is finding random stuff in your pockets you left there last season!

6. September 29, 2015 / 7:02 pm

Totally love the River Island boots as I’m a bit 70’s obsessed this Autumn 🙂 I also really like the ASOS coat, it looks super cosy – could definitely picture this going with my normal style.

7. September 29, 2015 / 7:21 pm

You are right, winter is well and truly on it’s way and I have been on the lookout for a jacket that is slightly fashionable and something to wear other than my ‘school run’ coat. The river island coat is goregous!!

8. September 29, 2015 / 7:45 pm

I love the Misguided V front peep tow shoes. I am going to buy some of these this year. the river Island bag also is amazing. I usually don’t carry handbags at the min as I always have a changing bag he he x

9. September 29, 2015 / 11:15 pm

I’ve not found it that cold yet. I’m still in bare feet in work shoes, although the slippers have come out for the evenings.

10. September 30, 2015 / 7:04 am

I love the River Island Faux Fur coat it is gorgeous and my favourite colour too. Same goes for the wine coloured heeled boots simply gorgeous. You have great taste!

11. September 30, 2015 / 9:31 am

Autumn does have it’s own smell doesn’t it? Although we’ve sun during the days at the moment I’m sure it won’t be ofor much longer. I like the look of those fringed boots though

12. Claire Kane
    September 30, 2015 / 9:34 am

Those KG shoes are very like the ones you posted on Facebook yesterday! I love winter wears. My favourite. Can’t wait to get a new coat!

13. September 30, 2015 / 11:21 am

My wife would love that red herring fur coat. I would totally buy those misguided V shoes for her too. This is an excellent selection with fall right around the corner!

14. September 30, 2015 / 1:56 pm

I love that Autumn is almost here, its my favourite time of year especially when it comes to fashion! You have some great picks, I really like the Red Herring coat, reminds me of one I just got from Zara!

Kay x

15. September 30, 2015 / 8:50 pm

The kurt greiger boots are gorge, bit out of my price range though 🙁
    The fringe boots from Zara are pretty and that River Island bag is fab! Love there a/w bag collection.